Monday, September 15, 2008

Introducing Londenn D Raine...



Last night was the search for the new Miss Capitol City USofA, giving up her title was a stunning Raven DelRay - but the lady of the hour is the new Miss Capitol City - LONDENN D RAINE. Londenn is a performer that we here at Sequin and Sparkle have admired for a long time. We couldn't be happier that in the aftermath of the pageant Londenn took a few minutes to answer some questions for us and for you.
Here is what she had to say.......



S&S - Hi Londenn - Most of our readers already know who you are, but for those who don't why not start by telling them a little about yourself.


LDR - Well I'm a 27 years old Aquarius that is former army brat...I got all my formal education here in Oklahoma which is also where I started my female impersonation career 8 years ago..I work for Starbucks coffee for the past five years now and I love what I do..


S&S - How did it feel to win another title? How many have you won now?


LDR - It felt wonderful to win another title..I have been in 24 pageants in the last 8 years and I have had the opportunity to represent 6 titles...


S&S - how did this pageant differ to others you have done?


LDR - This is the biggest local prelim I have ever won..I was also completely prepared this time around...

S&S - How will you be preparing for state - and when is it?


LDR - I won a local prelim to state prelim which is in January the 9th and 10th...I have plans for state already been planning and saving money since may after I went to Miss Gay Usofa...


S&S - How did you get involved in female illusion?


LDR - Raven Delray and I went to high school together and she painted me one day after high school and I did my first show at the hi-lo doing the boy is mine with raven and I have been stuck loving this art ever since...


S&S - Who are your drag idols?


LDR - I have many people I look up to...I simply love the class of Tommie Ross..The beauty of Maya Douglas...the entertainment of Whitney Paige and Kelexis Davenport.. and the style of Victoria Lepaige...


S&S - What would you do if you didn't do drag?


LDR - If I didn't do drag I would probably be working at Starbucks still and be spending my time pushing others to do the things that they love...


S&S - What is next for Londenn D Raine?


LDR - Well I will be preparing to become the next Miss Oklahoma Usofa in January...This season the eyes are on the prize...


S&S - Tell us something people will find surprising about you?


LDR - People would be surprised that I enjoy working with children with autism..been volunteering for the past 5 years


S&S - Where can we see you perform?


LDR - you can catch me hanging with the girls on Thursday nights at the Copa nightclub as well as the 3rd Sunday with Racheal Erikks at the Copa as well..also every fourth Friday in Tulsa at Renegades for Everybody's Girl with Samantha West...starting next month the second Saturday of every month you can see me at the Wreckroom with the cast...Also I try to pop into new venues as much as possible so if you know of where I can work let me know - need big money to become the next Miss Oklahoma USofA..


And we think Londen is well on her way to achieving that goal - her talent from Capitol City was a beautiful rendition of 'This is my life' which had Londenn unveiling various pictures from different stages in her life.
Thank you Londenn for taking the time to chat with us - make sure you see Londenn out and about - this is one queen you don't want to miss seeing.


Love and Sparkles
Sequin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Londenn your talent was amazing